So I discovered that I'm really awesome at making cupcakes. And it's really therapeutic too. Here is the cupcake recipe I use:
Ingredients
5 oz butter (softened)
5 oz caster sugar
6 oz self-raising flour
3 medium sized eggs
2 heaped tablespoons cocoa powder
Preheat the oven to 180C (350F) and line a cupcake baking tray with 12 paper cake cases. (This recipe makes slightly more than 12, but you can just eat the leftover mixture with a spoon like I did, or maybe donate it to a nearby child if you're feeling generous).
Crack the eggs into a mug and beat them with a fork until it's all orange. Then put all of your ingredients into a big mixing bowl together, and beat with a wooden spoon until it's fairly light and creamy. If this doesn't seem to be working and your arm is dropping off, add a little tap water to make the mixing easier. You can use an electric whisk/mixer, but I find the beating is really fun, especially if you're feeling angry or frustrated.
Divide the mixture evenly between the cake cases. Eat as much of the mixture as you like - it's good for you! Maybe.
Put in the oven and bake for about 18 minutes (2 or 3 minutes longer if your oven doesn't have a fan), until the cakes have risen and are firm yet yielding to the touch. Put them on a wire rack to cool for about 15 minutes.
You can ice them with buttercream if you like (9oz icing sugar, 4 1/2 oz softened butter, 2 tablespoons cocoa powder all blended to taste, with milk or water added to make it creamier), and then add some hundreds and thousands, or a glazed cherry or a smartie to finish it off and make it look even more delicious.
Then eat them! Share them too - it'll put everyone in a good mood. I'm off to make more and take them to a party I'm going to tonight - good luck with your baking!
Love from Char xxx
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Char, your blog makes me genuinely happy :)
x
Richard said...
Saturday, 5 January 2008 at 20:39:00 GMT
Aww, I'm so glad!
x
Charlotte R said...
Saturday, 5 January 2008 at 23:05:00 GMT
Ooooh, yes yes yes, cupcakes! I made some a while ago, and they were delicious. I added creamed coconut to the mixture and vanilla essence to the buttercream (no cocoa), and they came out wonderfully.
a said...
Sunday, 6 January 2008 at 02:17:00 GMT
Ooh, they sound nice! Of course the cocoa powder is interchangeable with any number of things, but chocolate cupcakes are my own personal favourite. They're just so versatile and satisfying. Mmmmm.
Charlotte R said...
Sunday, 6 January 2008 at 17:20:00 GMT